Saturday, April 18, 2009

second shooting: nicole and tim

As I am eagerly anticipating this year's wedding season, I'm going to post some images I captured last year while I was second shooting for the awesomely talented Kjeld Mahoney. I will be sharing some of my favorites, focusing mostly on details...when I was planning my wedding, I loved checking out tons of pictures of other people's weddings for ideas on what to do for my own, so here you go brides and grooms! :)

Nicole and Tim's wedding at Wequassett Resort was so fabulous, I wish we could do it all over again! Friendly people, gorgeous details, fun reception...it was perfect! I absolutely love that they decided to do a "first look" before the ceremony. So sweet!




My husband and I did this as well, and I'm so glad- it was a wonderful, emotional moment, and we were able to focus on each other without being nervous about the ceremony procedure or all the guests watching us. Then, when I walked down the "aisle" (on the beach) it was special all over again. The wedding day timeline becomes more relaxed this way, because you can take the bridal party and family pictures before the ceremony, and actually have fun with the process instead of feeling rushed to get to the reception.



Just before the ceremony began:


Beautiful details:




Last minute practice for the first dance...these were not posed- they didn't know that the camera was pointed at them, which makes me love these shots even more!




There's a slideshow of some of Kjeld's pictures from this wedding on his blog (click here) - it's the second post down from the top of the page. Definitely worth checking out!

No comments: